We’ve heard several times that antioxidant rich food is essential aspect of a balanced diet. Antioxidants are substances that help prevent damage to cells throughout the body due to oxidation. Some foods contain very high percentage of antioxidants and these come with scores of other benefits too. Here is a list of 10 easy available and richest antioxidant foods:
1) Wild blueberries: 1 cup of wild blueberries has the highest density of antioxidants. Blueberries are known to protect cells from damage and lower inflammation. Also red berries such as raspberry, strawberry are rich in antioxidants and contain ellagic acid, another vital substance that helps fight cancer cells.
2) Cranberry, Blackberry and other berries: Just like blueberries other berries too are rich on antioxidant content and are full of other vital vitamins and minerals that give the human body a refreshing feel. Berries contain fiber and other compounds that show a synergistic effect when combined with antioxidants.
3) Red apple: An apple a day keeps the doctor away. As one of the most cultivated and consumed food globally, apples are praised as a miracle fruit. Apples are extremely rich in important antioxidants, flavanoids, and dietary fiber and if made a part of everyday diet are a very effective means to control diabetic sugar levels in our body.
4) Broccoli: Being regarded as a highly nutritious vegetable, Broccoli has calcium content more than 500m1 of milk and Vitamin C more than 1 whole orange. In addition, broccoli is a rich source of disease fighting substances called phytonutrients and is a rich source of antioxidants.
5) Green Tea: Green tea is known to contain high percentages of compounds that work in the body with other chemicals to heighten levels of fat burning and usage of fat as a fuel. On average, consuming 3 cups of green tea regularly shows great fat loss effects. Green tea has been proven to be a preventative against heart disease,high cholesterol and cancer.
6) Tomatoes: Tomatoes are a rich source of an anticancer agent called lycopene. Research has shown lycopene to be a very powerful disease fighter. Other than that, tomatoes have always been regarded as a rich source of antioxidants. Other than the ones mentioned above, foods that are moderately rich in antioxidants are
7)Black Plumb Garlic
10) Green Veggies Increasing one’s antioxidant intake is essential for optimum health, especially in today’s polluted world. Because our body cannot produce enough antioxidants on it’s own, a good dose of these vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, and enzymes needed to fight diseases must come from one’s daily diet.